Monday, August 12, 2024

The Waiting begins.

Today is 1 Month from the day I graduated from radiation and chemo.  I'll be honest it has been a long and good month.  I feel like I'm finally getting back to my normal diet, as it changed while in treatment. I wish the acid reflux late in my treatment didn't knock out a lot of fruit.  Iam eating watermelon on a fairly regular basis as it is one fruit that is ok with acid reflux.  One thing that changed is my liquid diet.  I previously could not stand the taste of water and had to have crystal light in my water.  Lately I've been drinking water bottles and can handle that, and water when we go out to eat.  I had Mexican a few time recently and did just have Pizza 1 time this past weekend and that went well.

Since today was 1 month,  it was the day my CT scan was scheduled for.  Previously you would pick up contrast (barium) at your provider and drink that the night before and the morning of yout CT scan.  Today I was told to arrive at Lemmen Holton 90 minutes prior to my 9:30 scan.  I arrived a few minutes after 8 and checked in.  We sat down in the lobby and a few minutes later my tech came out to deliver my contrast.  What he had in his hand were 2 normal bottles of water.  This supposedly had my contrast in each bottle.  I personally was hoping for the best but expecting the worst.   I took the first swig of the bottle and couldn't taste or smell anything than water.  I got 90 minutes to down those 2 bottles which took me about 40 minutes.

Shortly before 9:30 am my tech came out and called me back. I got settled into the CT table as they took 2 images prior to port access.  I then had nice long conversation with the tech while I waited for the nurse.  The nurse is the person that has to do the port access.  I mentioned I didn't want him to miss and explained I had someone miss recently.  He said he only missed about 1 in 1000.  I know he's been doing port access there for at least 10 years.  He  told me everyone with a port wanted their CT scan done today.  Which really meant he was busy and that's why I ended up waiting.  Once port access was complete I got another image with the IV contrast and then got the port access removed.

And now.... The waiting begins.  I think I'm o.k. with this particular scan but based on conversations i've had, it seems like I might be the only one who feels that way.  I meet with  my Oncologist next Monday the 19th during which we will discuss the results of this scan if we have those results.  She will be looking at the place of radaition but more importantly she will be looking elsewhere throught the scan for new growth.  I am personally hoping they find absolutely nothing.

So until next week we'd like prayers for clear results and calm minds.

~Kent

14 comments:

  1. Praying for peace as you wait and for clear scans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for no more cancer and peace as you wait. That’s one of worst things with it all, the hurry up and wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That last comment is from Mandi

      Delete
  3. πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ’ͺπŸ‘†πŸ’– May God answer your prayers and give you peace as you wait AND clear results on Monday.
    In Jesus’ name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for no cancer to
    be found!πŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for writing this post. Prayers for a calm mind as you wait. Prayers also for Leah and Lydia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you as you wait. For patience and peace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayers going up constantly for you Kent. God is our refuse and strength. I'm praying for great news for you and your families. Blessings friend

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prayers for good results. πŸ™πŸŽΆ

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayers for you, Leah, and Lydia while you wait for peace and for good results.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the details of the scan. Waiting is so hard! I'm praying for peace for you Kent and all of our families!! This is when we really need to Trust God!!
    Love you Mom

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thankful for the peace you are experiencing and also how you are feeling closer to your normal. Certainly a cause to celebrate. Continued prayers as you wait for Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mitch and Heather BrinkAugust 14, 2024 at 8:32 AM

    Glad the last month has gone well! Praying for peace as you wait and for good results!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Praying for good results and calm spirits as you are in this waiting room. Aunt Carole

    ReplyDelete

Add Comment