Thursday, September 5, 2024

Results Day!

Results day!  That's what I'll call today at least if I hadn't read the reports the day they came out.  Today I had a doctor's appointment with my oncologist.  The point of today's meeting was to talk about 2 things.  First Tumor board met on Aug 22nd and my case was presented there by my oncologist there.  Second I was there to discuss the results of my MRI which I had Saturday August 24.  

When my oncologist walked into the room we quickly got to what was happening.  She said that the Doctors in tumor board (including a colleague to my radiation doc) agreed the spot on the CT was a result of the Radiation treatments I had.  The MRI report also mentioned the spot in question and said "No abnormality".  So all that to say my oncologist agreed that things were stable which is the best we can ask for with the tests I've had following treatment.

The other notable thing that was discussed with her is the pain or irritation in my skin from my belt line to the bottom of my shorts.  She didn't seem to know the cause but threw out several things to try to relieve the pain including stretches and excercise.  We have another appointment tomorrow to discuss the MRI/CT with the radiation doctor.   Well bring up my skin irritation with her and see if she might know what might have caused this pain.

What's next you ask,  Sometime in the next 3 months (closer to Thanksgiving) I will have a PetCT and then another meeting with my oncologist.  This scan will show any cancer activity so what we are hoping and praying for is that this scan shows nothing.

~Kent

3 comments:

  1. I can see that this has been a tough way to function - from one scan, one treatment, one Dr’s appt to the next. Stable seemed to be the word for this appt. We would have loved “disappeared” but I am praying that stable means not only that it isn’t progressing but that “stable” means it has been halted. Praying that the skin pain disappears. It’s not only uncomfortable but also an annoying reminder that “something” isn’t right.
    Kent - you push yourself hard. Good job on all that you manage to accomplish each day - even though you are tired and weary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow….results=stable. Hold tight til November. Praying that scan shows stable again. No abnormalities. We continue to lay your needs before our great God. May you feel His presence and peace. Friends at Messiah Church

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be praying for more good news Kent.

    ReplyDelete

Add Comment