Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Calling all Surgeons!

It was 5 days ago I wrote my last post about my Oncology Surgeon trying to get on the same schedule along with a General Surgeon.  This past Monday I got a call from General Surgery who wanted to do a consult on April 30.  With my surgeon's pending maternity leave that timeline wasn't looking good.  I expressed that I was orginally scheduled on the 11th and I really needed a consult sooner.  They didn't seem to have anything sooner.  I accepted the appointment on the 30th and then called my Oncology Surgeon's office.  I told them what General Surgery had to say and asked what the options going forward were.  At that point I was willing to "cut out" General Surgery and deal with that at a later time. 

Fast forward to Yesterday.  I got a call back from my Oncology Surgeon's office stating she would be calling General Surgery to talk with them about the timeline.  Later that afternoon I got a call from General Surgery saying they had talked to my Oncology Surgeon's office and they wanted to schedule my new consult on Tuesday April 9.  I was pleasantly surprised and curious what this meant for my surgery schedule.  I again left a message with my Oncolgy Surgeon's office inquiring to the scheduled day of surgery.

Today I got a call from the RN at my Oncology Surgeon's office confirming the surgery date of April 11.  I had the opportunity to confirm some other things I needed to do in prep for surgery.  So in the next 2 weeks I need to do labs and also I will be called to complete a CT prior to surgery. 

As we wait 2 weeks until the surgery date, we ask prayer for health and calmness and the best possible outcome.  We thank all of you all for your love and support for all three of us at this time. 

Kent


 

6 comments:

  1. Prayers lifted to our Great Physician for you Kent,🙏❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Aunt Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the update. We are praying for you as you have this surgeon’s meeting on April 9 and surgery April 11. We are also praying that you are able to successfully complete all of the items on your “to do” list as you prep for this surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update! Praying over you, Leah and Lydia the next two weeks as you prep for surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m happy to hear that the surgeons were able to “get on the same schedule” so to speak. I’m sorry you have to anticipate surgery again but thankful you can get it done. Praying a hedge of protection around Kent from all the sicknesses that are so prevalent at this time of year. Praying for strength and peace as you wait and health and strength for your surgeon(s).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you guys

    ReplyDelete

Add Comment