Friday, April 5, 2024

T - 5

Yesterday I received a call from surgical staff.  The purpose of the call was to inform me of the time for my surgery and go over the checklist of all the details like what meds I should conintue to take and which I should discontinue before surgery.  One of the questions was "has anything changed since your last Pre-op"  I just got off my lifting restriction earlier this week.  Other than that not a lot has changed since the first surgery.  

They informed me surgery is scheduled for 9:30 A.M. and in the time frame of the OR or the hospital Honestly we're not sure what time surgery will actually be. There is a lot to be done so hopefully if there is someone on the schedule behind me they don't get bumped.

I have already Completed my CT scan and blood work for the surgery.  One final thing that I need to do prior to surgery is to have a consult with the General Surgeon who will be doing the hernia repair portion of the surgery.  That appointment is on Tuesday at noon.

Otherwise we are livng each day with hope they are able to effectively get rid of the cancer.

~ Kent

5 comments:

  1. We are continuing to pray for you and the surgeons as you prepare for surgery. We, too, are praying that this gets rid of all of the rest of the cancer. Please keep us updated. ❤️‍🩹

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a long hard journey! Praying that this surgery is successful in removing all cancer! And for peace as you wait

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kent, Leah and Lydia, Ken and I pray daily for you to be cancer free. We are pray warriors on your behalf - Team Kent

      Delete
  3. The word “hope” has always been meaningful for you, Leah and Lydia - not just because Dave/dad went to Hope College or because Lydia and Makenzie are at Hope College. The word “hope” by definition is: a feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen. Another definition is: a feeling of trust. Also - an optimistic state of mind.
    So - I pray that you all can keep an optimistic feeling of trust in our faithful Savior and God. That HE is in control and has a plan.
    Praying that pain meds work miraculously, that healing happens quickly and that you all are at peace.

    ReplyDelete

Add Comment