Tuesday, April 9, 2024

"I wanted to meet you"

Today I had a consult with General surgery.  I looked at this appointment as mostly a handshake or formality since the surgery is on the Books.  The surgeon I saw today specializes in hernia Repair.  When he walked into the room he said to me "I wanted to meet you" then he started by introducing himself and then asking about my case.  He does Hernia repair part time and works with another department of surgery the other part of the time.  All this to say is he is very knowledgeable in his field and usually trains others on his techniques.  He showed us the hernia on the last CT scan I had and explained how they usually fix those.  First Method is to place a Poly made mesh screen behind the muscle and tie the muscle back together in the middle.  The second method is to use a mesh stitching for the sutures to close up.

However this depends on Schedule as he has 2 other cases on Thursday and also he doesn't know how surgery will go.  In other words if there are complications with surgery and they feel the need for follow-up procedures then They may opt to not do hernia repair now and schedule that for another time.. 

General surgeon will make a decision (which is best for me) in the heat of the moment when I'm out and unable to make a decision.  Today we discussed what might happen Thursday and future treatment options.  One thing we did hear that was new information was that I will be spending at least 1 night in the 4th floor heart center due to the amount of Care I will need post surgery and the fact that nurses there are 1 nurse to 2 patients not 1 to 8-10.

I believe we had all our questions answered and are comfortable with his options for Thursday.  It was good for both Leah and I to be at this appointment which possibly could not have happened due to the time.

Regarding Thursday, I appreciate all your prayers for the surgery, surgeons and healing.    I hope they can effectively remove all the cancer.  

Check back for an update on how I am doing Post Surgery

~Kent


9 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the details! PRAYING FOR YOU AND GOOD SURGERY!!! Love you Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kent, for the update. We are praying for you as you, Leah, and the surgeons as you undergo surgery. Please keep us updated so that we know how to pray for you post surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ€—

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thoughts and prayer through surgery! Glen and Sarah H

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you daily

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Kent: praying for you. I also had the multi hernia surgery with total mesh. So much radiation and chemotherapy ❤️πŸ™Aunt Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying surgery goes well, and that Leah and those waiting feel God's peace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for you Kent and also for Leah as you go through this surgery . Praying that your recovery will be quick and strength renewedπŸ™πŸ™

    ReplyDelete

Add Comment