Saturday, April 20, 2024

Return to work?

Thursday was 7 days since I was in surgery.  A lot has happened in a week.  The main thing was that my case was brought before tumor board Thrusday AM.  I got a call from my Surgeon's PA regarding what tumor board had to say.  

They had 2 recommendations.  First they recommended Radiation.  I meet with Radiation on May 3 to discuss what they have to say.  I don't expect a lot different than the previous radiation conversation as not much has changed since that conversation.  They previously recommended 5-6 weeks for 5 days a week.  I suspect the informatio will be similar if not the same.

The other item tumor board recommended is genetic testing.  I had genetic testing 12 years ago and I don't remember if they found anything other than that it was colon cancer.  I'm willing to go through it again, however I don't think they're going to find anything unusual.

Monday I have my post op appointment with my surgeon's office.  I think the only other thing left that I need from them is the "return to work" form.  I know they are willing to put a date on it that I feel like I can handle so likely early to mid next week I get to begin working again.

My post op appointment with my general surgeon on April 30 so he can get a good look at his work and see that things are healing the way they should.

I'll write more here as things unfold.

~Kent

3 comments:

  1. 5 - 6 weeks of radiation sounds daunting. Praying #1 that it is amazingly effective and #2 that you can fit into a routine that is good for your work schedule and #3 that there won’t be any negative side effects. Thanks for the update. Praying this “tumor” disappears and that you go back into remission!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be praying for success in your radiation treatment and for your transition back to work. We will also pray that your post-op appointments go well. Thank you for the update, as we continue to pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the update as we continue to pray for you. We will pray for success in your radiation treatment and for your transition back to work. We will also pray that your post-op appointments go well.

    ReplyDelete

Add Comment