Sunday, April 14, 2024

Mi Casa

Today I was discharged from the hospital.  At 8 this morning i saw my surgeon's coworker.  The big questions have always been "Did you pee?" and 'Did you fart?"  This morning was no different than the others.  Today my answers were also the same, yes and no.  It was a little while later when I got up for something and it happened.  I notified, Leah and my nurse tech who notified my nurse... That was supposed to get to the doctor. Later in the morning when I asked about discharge paperwork it got back to me that the doctor had not been informed... 

Soon after the Doctor was informed and then we knew we would likely get dicharged but didn't konw the timing. By church time Leah ad Lydia were in the room so we watched church together and then started the triathalon to keep things moving.  All total today We walked 8 laps or more around the unit itself and then walked 2 different laps around the same floor of the heart center.  We were told by my nurse tech yesterday not to look into those rooms.  She's right.  I like those  rooms but I'm not sure I want the procedures that go along with those rooms.  Final conclusion is 7N needs an upate so it's brighter.

After we finally returned to the room it was in the middle of lunch time.  Not knowing if I should order a meal or not and how things were advancing I wrang the nurses through the button and asked for Crystal Light and ice cream.  I expected to see my nurse tech who was the one I usually saw and today in walks my nurse with discharge paperwork.  She asked do you want to leave.  I feel like we all shouted, " yes!" at the same time.  She followed up asking if I still wanted the ice cream and Crystal Light.  I opted for the drink to go.  She brought both since waiting for transport can take a while.

I finished the ice cream and had gotten through some of the drink by time my wheelchair arrived.  Then it was  time for the final wheel out to the parking lot, I was helped into the car and then we took the drive home.  I'm glad to be home and I feel realy good already.  I don't feel I even need pain meds but will probably take them for a few days at minimum for a precautionary reason.

I  want to get back to normal and I'm sure that will happen soon enough but I don't feel much different that I did going in 4 short days ago.

I want to take this space to thank everyone for their prayers and tell you they are greatly appreciated.  I'll also be honest in saying I feel like I need them now more than ever. I know God has a plan and that it's going according to his plan.  I would really love to know why this is the plan.  I don't love the treatment options left for various reason but mainly for the time it would take to make that treatment (potentially) successful.

There is good news in what we found post surgery talking with my surgeon,  She pointed out that since my last treatment ( Nov 23, 2023) nothing has either grown or is new.  That's almost 5 months with no growth.  I get nervous with a pocket of cells hanging around just in case they are still taking a vacation.  Needless to say we have a big decision in the next six weeks and I hope the decision is made clearly and I feel peace about it.  It's a good thing God has 6 weeks because right now I am a bucket of nerves.

~Kent

4 comments:

  1. 🙏🙏🙏💪👆💖

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so thankful that you are home. Praise God! We will continue to pray for you. We will specifically pray that you heal quickly and that you will have clarity in your decision regarding your next steps for treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the last paragraph of “good news.” No new growth is something to cheer about!!!!
    You have certainly gained the title of “surgery pro” with me!!!! Wow - you just keep pushing yourself. That determination will serve you well.
    I know that if you think too long, the nerves take over.
    Praying you can have peace even in the quiet moments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you are home. Praying for you as you move forward.

    ReplyDelete

Add Comment