Saturday, June 29, 2024

"I'm Done!, but I still have 8 to go!"

 20 down, 8 to go! The first apointment Kent and I went to of Radiation we were were told you will have 28 to 30 treatments of Radiation.  Both of us looked at each other and said, "Ok, One month it's doable."  No one except for those who are going through this know what it
is exactly that it takes to go into this regimen.  Timing is everything, sleep is precious and every bit of energy you have is spent being around those you care about, but colapse once you get home where you can rest.  Kent is at the point of everyday is exhausting and long and bed is never to soon. 

This weekend we spent one night away at the cottage. it's enough removed from home but a place he can relax , yet escape inside to sleep or rest if he's had enough. Home, where Kent spends all his time still working his job daily though chemo and radiation and then spending his evening quietly sitting in his chair just mustering all the little energy he has left, becomes hard to be at now that he has to have all his meds at home. Chemo becomes a very hard association when you are constantly at that same place. 

Proud would be an understament of all of who watch him fight every day! He carries on with daily tasks like going to a Restraunt in the middle of the day with his daughter just because time with her is so important and she has a very busy weekend including a wedding and she spends her Summer at Camp Geneva., He spends his extra time making sure all the T's are crossed and i's dotted when forms need to be in for Lydia, or if and when anyone else needs help too!

Tommorow Kent will start one of eight treatments left.   2, four day weeks with a 4 day much needed break over the 4th of July Holiday. I ask to please pray he makes it these next 2 four day weeks!  He's a bit uneasy about having a break and not wanting to go back into it after that.  I know he can finish strong, but he needs you his biggest cheerleaders encouraging him. 

July 11 is the day! Graduation day from Radiation! He will get a certificate of completion. Well deserved!  I told him and will hold on to my word we will go to a restraunt of his choice to celebrate! I will not share the restraunt at this time but I without a doubt know what he will pick and we may have to wait for Lydia because its that good and we all want to share in his accomplishment! We'll share for sure when it becomes a reality.

Matthew 11:28 through 30 

"Come to me all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Take my Yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light! 

Thank you for all being Kent's prayer warriors and biggest Cheerleaders to keep on and not being Done! 

Leah 


7 comments:

  1. Kent and Leah,
    Thank you for this post and for showing the “realness” of your journey. Your vulnerability helps us all know what you have endured together and as a family with Lydia. You all are rockstars! We will definitely continue to pray for Kent and you as you finish this treatment. A celebration is well deserved for all of you. Hugs, my dear friends! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ‘†πŸ’ͺπŸ’–πŸ’–counting down with you. For you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Continual prayers for Kent. May God continue to bless him and heal him. Prayers for you also. Bring back memories of my sister Judy. One day no more pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that for you, 8 seems ominous and like forever. We have also talked about the fact of the results. Praying that the cancer is demolished/GONE and not lurking anywhere!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm praying with you for God given strength and peace, and healing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying every day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for absolute demolition of that cancer wherever it lurks!! You are all so brave and my prayers follow you every day!!

    ReplyDelete

Add Comment